Thursday, February 19, 2009

An Educational week

I am really starting to understand what my parents meant when they said where does the time go. I know I sound like a broken record but it is just going and I just want to enjoy life. I want to go Skydiving, Rocky mountain climbing, and 3.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu. That sounds like words to a good song. Dang Tim Mcrgaw already recorded it ( didn't write it but recorded it. There is a difference).

Well, my head is being attacked by my ADD. There is just so much going on in there. I do really want to enjoy life and it has only taken 32 years plus but I am starting to realize that yes God knows my next step but I have the free will to make things happen in my life. If you want something bad enough you should go after it and although I did move to Nashville for my dreams It is just not a matter of moving. It's putting yourself out there. I have done so but still no major luck. Yes, I am working in the industry but just not exactly the way I wanted to. At the same time I have learned alot of things that I might not have learned had I been able to get the gig of my dreams. Which doesn't make sense but you would understand if you were here but your not so don't worry about it.

Although, I am very passionate about Pro Audio I have found a new habit that will be something that I can do whether I am good at it or not. Now, golfing is fun and hunting and ping pong but I have gone with blogging and twittering(there free) and other social networking avenues. Now, I have compared my social networking sites to others and some of them aren't quite as detailed or full of as much experience but the neat things about sites like Linkd In and Plaxo is that they grow with you. So no I can't get on there and put in a life's worth of experiences because I am only 32. So all in all I just want to encourage you to live life to the fullest. I am just starting to enjoy life. Now I can't say my old tendency' won't come up but it's a goal.

I want to add a link to a blog I have started reading. The author is Michael Hyatt. Mr. Hyatt is a big advocate of twittering and blogging and has just redone his blog. I have been very inspired by Mr. Hyatt in his efforts on his blog because he was using a little more professional service and then found out there was a better service. Now, he and his blog designer have been working countless hours, days and weeks on getting the blog converted from one place to another. It has not been easy but I can hear the excitement in his voice because he knows once all the big kinks are worked out he will have a great product. I enjoy blogging but I am still an amateur and I don't have quite the following he does but I am not the CEO of a major company. So all that to check out Mr. Hyatt's blog. Especially this last one about the economy it was a real encouragement. Actually I have the link to the blog to the collumn on the left. Ha made ya look its actually on the right side. You know the one that has all that gobbley gook that you probably don't ever look at. So please take time which I know you don't have much of but you will enjoy it and my other blogging friends. Now, Mr. Hyatt breaks his bloggs into categories so you know what type of info your getting into. I haven't reached that level yet but I will be working on it.

Derek

P.S. Sorry Pops no pics or vids this week guess you will have to read what your son inlaw is up to. So go get your glasses.

No comments: